What are the best inspirational Merry Christmas quotes?
You don’t know what to say or write other than merry Christmas in a card or Fb post? Then look no further than this article. I’ve gathered the top 50 Merry Christmas quotes for family and friends.
P.S Sharing is Caring
Get free access to the Self Improvement Workbook:
Sometimes saying “Merry Christmas” is not enough, and especially after the disastrous year 2020 has been for most of us, if not all of us.
These 50 Merry Christmas Quotes for friends and family will help you make this Christmas special because you deserve it. You’ve dealt with 2020 like a warrior. Although we can’t celebrate like the previous years (cause of Covid-19 and the lockdowns in many countries), this doesn’t mean that we can’t take full advantage of the holiday season.
Related Post: 30 Inspirational New Year’s Resolution Quotes For 2021
Table of Contents
Inspirational Spirit Of Christmas Quotes
From childhood to adulthood, sometimes we may lose the true meaning of Christmas. We might have a bad year, or we just don’t feel like celebrating as much. This collection of inspirational quotes will help you remember the true spirit of Christmas.
1.“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
2. “Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.” – G.K. Chesterton
“Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ”– Mary Ellen Chase
4. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
5. “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” – Garrison Keillor
6. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Severeid
7. “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” – Margaret Thatcher
“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”– Peg Bracken
9. “God put Santa Claus on earth to remind us that Christmas is ‘sposed to be a happy time.” – Bil Keane
10. “Peace on earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
You might like: 2022 Affirmations for a Fantastic Year!
Inspirational Merry Christmas Quotes About Memories
11. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
“The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood”– Richard Paul Evans
13. “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
14. “There is something about Christmas that requires a rug rat. Little kids make Christmas fun.” – Laurie Halse Anderson
15. “When I was tiny we would buy a real tree and stay up late drinking hot chocolate and finding just the right place for the special decorations.” – Laurie Halse Anderson
“Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!”– Charles Dickens
You might also enjoy: 60 Inspiring New Year Affirmations For Your Best Year Ever!
16. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken
17. “Like kids who only ever get socks for Christmas, but still believe with all their hearts in Santa.” – Barbara Kingsolver
18. “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance- each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon.” – Deborah Whipp
“At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I’ve grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.”– Chris Van Allsburg
19. “I know what I really want for Christmas. I want my childhood back.” – Robert Fulghum
20. “Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday.” – Gladys Bagg Taber
21. “It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.” – Dylan Thomas
Motivational Christmas Quotes
Whether you are not having a good few days or weeks, or you aren’t in the mood, then these motivational Christmas quotes will spark a fire inside you and will put you in the Holiday mood.
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”– Bob Hope
22. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
23. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
24. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach.” – Charles Dickens
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”Roy L. Smith
26. “Christmas is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
27. “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” – Garrison Keillor
28. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
“The knowing is easy. It’s the doing that gives us trouble.”– Vannetta Chapman
30. “Christmas, my child, is love in action.” – Dale Evans Rogers
31. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. ” – Washington Irving
32. “I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
“Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given–when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes.”– Joan Winmill Brown
34. “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white’.” – Bing Crosby
35. “The universe is a trillion, trillion threads moving in seemingly unrelated directions. Yet when you look at them together, they create a remarkable tapestry.” – Richard Paul Evans
36. “Like kids who only ever get socks for Christmas, but still believe with all their hearts in Santa.” – Barbara Kingsolver
“Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall”– Larry Wilde
38. “Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year – and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority.” – W.J. Cameron
39. “The Christmas tree, twinkling with lights, had a mountain of gifts piled up beneath it, like offerings to the great god of excess.” – Tess Gerritsen
40. “Christmas works like glue, it keeps us all sticking together.” – Rosie Thomas
Merry Christmas Quotes For Friends And Family
Undoubtedly, Christmas is almost a necessity to spend it with family and friends, with people that you love and they love you. These merry Christmas quotes for friends and family are the only collection you’ll need!
“Christmas is a time for families.”– Dorothy Koomson
42. “Mankind is a great, immense family… This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” – Pope John XXIII
43. “Santa is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows.” – Edwin Osgood Grover
44. “Christmas isn’t about the decorations, It’s about compassion.” – Abhijit Naskar
“There is nothing more magical than decorated trees, lights, presents, family, and friends to brighten up your life! Merry Christmas to everyone.”– Uknown.
Funny Santa Claus Quotes
What are some merry Christmas funny quotes and sayings? Steal some of these and put them into a card or send them by text to your family and friends. They are almost certain to laugh the Santa-way. (Ho-ho-ho)
46. “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” – George Carlin
47. “Money’s scarce, times are hard, here’s your fucking Xmas card” – Phyllis Diller
“What kind of Christmas present would Jesus ask Santa for?”– Salman Rushdie
49. “When did wishing someone a Merry Christmas become politically incorrect?” – Suzanne Woods Fisher
50. “At Christmas, tea is compulsory. Relatives are optional.” – Robert Godden
The end of the year is coming. This is a good time for inspiration and gratitude for family and friends, to recall your mistakes, and your achievements, take a step back, and prepare for the New Year!
Gather up safely, as the Coronavirus still haunts us, and celebrate with care!