Have you ever been in a conversation with someone who seemed to know everything?
At first, it can be impressive. But after a while, their constant need to interject and show off their knowledge can be tiresome.
If you find yourself in this situation, don’t despair. There are several comebacks you can use to put a know-it-all in their place.
Get free access to the Self Improvement Workbook:
Table of Contents
Comebacks for Know-it-alls
We’ve all met them before – the know-it-alls.
They always have an answer for everything, and they’re never afraid to share it, even if nobody asked.
Sometimes it can be frustrating, but there’s no need to get riled up.
The next time you’re faced with a know-it-all, try one of these comebacks:
- Thanks for the input – now I’ll ignore it.
- I’m sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud?
- I’ll be sure to remember that…the next time I’m talking to a wall.
- Stop acting like you know everything unless your name is Google.
- Thanks for the input, Captain Obvious.
- Do you want a cookie?
- Actually, I was just about to say that.
- You must think I’m someone who cares.
- If I throw a stick, will you leave?
- Sorry, I didn’t realize I was speaking to an expert on the subject.
- Because you know everything, you should know when to be quiet.
- Where’s your off button?
- Aaaand that’s why no one likes you.
- I appreciate your opinion, now please keep it to yourself.
- I’m glad you know so much about this. Why don’t you tell me more? (In a sarcastic manner)
- Who asked?
We’ve all encountered a “know-it-all” at some point in our lives. You know the type – they always have to be right, and they love to point out your mistakes.
Whether it’s your know-it-all coworker or that friend who loves to debate, it can be frustrating to deal with someone who is always trying to one-up you.
If you find yourself in a conversation with a know-it-all, these witty comebacks will help you hold your own.
You might enjoy: 27+ Witty Comebacks When Being Called Ugly
What do you say when someone brags?
It’s always frustrating when someone won’t stop bragging, but luckily there are a few things you can say when someone brags to shut them down.
For example, if they’re boasting about their accomplishments, you can ask them how they would feel if everyone else around them was just as successful.
Or, if they’re trying to one-up you, you can simply say that you’re happy with your own life and don’t need to compare yourself to others.
If they keep insisting that they’re better than everyone else, you can tell them that it must be lonely at the top and see how they react.
Finally, if all else fails, you can always just walk away and leave them to their bragging.
Whatever method you choose, just remember to stay calm and confident, and the bragger will soon be gone.
You might like: 23+ Great Comebacks for Sarcasm
Funny Comebacks for Braggers
There’s nothing worse than a bragger.
Whether they’re bragging about their latest achievement or their new purchase, it’s always annoying.
While it can be annoying, there’s no need to get worked up about it. However, there are some comebacks you can use to silence a bragger.
Here are five of the best:
- You must be very proud.
- I’m sure you’re very proud of yourself. I’ll be sure to give you a pat on the back when you’re done bragging.
- If boasting was an Olympic sport, you would be a world champion!
- Sounds like someone’s getting a big head!
- Sorry, I don’t speak brag.
We all know that person who just can’t help but brag incessantly about their latest accomplishments.
Whether it’s a new job, a big raise, or simply completing a difficult task, they just have to make sure everyone knows about it.
Bragging is one of the most annoying habits someone can have. Not only is it arrogant and off-putting, but it can also be really frustrating to listen to.
If you’re stuck dealing with a bragger, there’s no need to get worked up about it. Just use one of the above funny comebacks and put a stop to their boasting.
You might enjoy: 17+ Funny Things to Say to a Narcissist
So there you have it, a few comebacks to use the next time you’re feeling frustrated with a know-it-all.
Of course, it’s always best to keep things lighthearted and avoid getting into an argument. After all, we can all learn something from someone who is willing to share their knowledge.
So the next time you’re feeling tempted to roll your eyes or tell someone to pipe down, remember that a little patience can go a long way.
Who knows, you might even learn something new in the process.