Being called ugly is surely one of the worst things someone could say to another person. It’s an attack on your appearance, and can often feel like a personal attack.
When someone calls you ugly, it can feel like a punch to the gut.
It’s hard not to take it personally, even though we know that beauty is subjective and that the critic is usually projecting their own insecurities.
But, just because someone thinks you’re ugly doesn’t mean you have to take it lying down.
Here is a list of savage comebacks for when someone calls you ugly:
Table of Contents
What to say when someone calls you ugly?
It can be hurtful and confusing to hear someone say that you are ugly, especially if the comment comes out of nowhere.
However, it is essential to remember that beauty is subjective and that there is no such thing as a universally accepted standard of attractiveness.
You could say, “I may not be your type, but I’m comfortable in my own skin.” By responding confidently, you’ll show the person that their words didn’t bother you.
Just because someone doesn’t find you attractive doesn’t mean that you are ugly. Instead of letting the comment get to you, try to reframe it in a more positive light.
For example, you could say to yourself, “This person must not be very open-minded if they can’t see how beautiful I am.” or “I must be doing something right if this person feels threatened by my appearance.”
Remember, it is more important to focus on how you feel about yourself than on what other people think.
Regardless of how you choose to respond, remember that it is always best to handle criticism in a calm and confident manner.
Read next: 22+ Witty Comebacks for Rude People
Comebacks when someone calls you ugly
Being called ugly is never fun. But sometimes, the best way to deal with an insult is to give a witty comeback.
Here are a few comebacks to choose from the next time someone calls you ugly:
- Excuse me, I’m not a mirror.
- I’m sorry, I was trying to look like you.
- I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish with this insult, but congratulations, you’ve succeeded in making yourself look foolish.
- Your mom thinks otherwise.
- Your a** must be envious of all the sh*t that comes out of your mouth.
- Man, it’s no surprise that everyone talks behind your back.
- Here’s a tissue. You have a little bullsh*t on your lip.
- You are much worse than people say you are.
- You sound better with your mouth closed.
- Can you repeat that because I want to remember the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard?
- Can’t you see the “f*ck you” in my smile?
- Perhaps you should eat make-up to look good on the inside as well.
- If I wanted to hear from an asshole, all I had to do was to fart.
- At least I’m not wearing a ton of make-up.
- You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?
- You must be blind.
- Thanks for the compliment!
- Too bad you can’t Photoshop your ugly personality in real life.
- I guess you must be really beautiful on the inside.
- Your sister didn’t seem to mind last night.
- I thought the same thing until I saw you.
- I could agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.
- Well, there’s something we have in common!
- Your dad had to be a thief. He stole the moon’s craters and put them in your thighs.
- I know you are but what am I?
- Haha, yeah well f*ck you too buddy.
- I’m not ugly, but you’re about to be.
No matter what comeback you choose, make sure that you deliver it with a confident smile. Remember, they’re the ones with the problem, not you.
So, the next time someone tries to bring you down with an insult about your looks, remember these comebacks and give them a good retort.
And if all else fails, just tell them that beauty is only skin deep; which is definitely true!
In conclusion, being called ugly can really hurt our self-esteem. But by having a few clever comebacks at the ready, we can shut down anyone who tries to put us down.
Plus, it feels pretty great to stand up for ourselves and prove the bullies wrong.
Let me know how you deal with insults about your appearance in the comments below!