Toxic relationships are well-known to be harmful to one’s health. They deplete you by making you feel unloved and unappreciated, and they leave you feeling drained.
When a relationship becomes toxic, our first instinct may be to cut all ties with the other person. But sometimes, it is not that simple.
Whether because we are still in love or because we have vested interests in the relationship, we may find ourselves stuck in an unhealthy dynamic with another person.
In these situations, affirmations for toxic relationships can be a powerful tool for growth and healing.
We all have toxic relationships in our lives, but here are some positive affirmations for when you feel like there’s no way out.
Table of Contents
Do Affirmations Work for Relationships?
When we are in a toxic relationship, whether it be with our partner, a friend, or a family member, we often doubt ourselves.
When, in fact, we must be positive and supportive of ourselves.
Positive affirmations are essential tools for combating self-defeating thoughts and negativity. They cultivate a sense of self-worth in you and make you realize how important you are.
We can believe how beautiful we are in our own skin with positive affirmations, and we don’t need anyone’s approval to feel great.
They promote inner peace and encourage concrete changes that add real value to everyday life.
You might enjoy: How to Insult a Toxic Person (15 Toxic Comebacks!)
How to Use Affirmations?
Instead of worrying when you’re feeling down, turn to your positive affirmations for some encouragement. Use them as a tool to boost your self-esteem
To put your affirmations into practice, follow these steps.
- Take a few deep breaths and smile at the same time.
- Declare your affirmations slowly and clearly.
- Allow your body to absorb the positive energy of your affirmations by repeating them.
- For more clarity, make a list of them.
Without further ado, let’s see how we can use these 25 powerful affirmations for toxic relationships to embrace a sense of self-worth, and self-love.
You might enjoy: Affirmations: 13 Answers You Should Know
Affirmations for Toxic Relationships
It’s time to break the cycle. You know you deserve better than this right now, but leaving a toxic relationship can be difficult.
That’s why I’m providing these positive affirmations for toxic relationships – so you can say goodbye to your ex with dignity and peace of mind.
- The relationship is not a healthy one.
- I am worth so much more than this.
- It’s time to move on from this toxic relationship.
- I have the power to change my life and be happy again.
- Life is too short for me to waste it in a bad situation.
- Letting go of this person will open up space for something better in my life that I deserve.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- No one has the right to hurt me or take advantage of me.
- I deserve better than someone who makes me feel like nothing.
- The more I love myself, the less I need to rely on others.
- I deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Love is not about what someone can do for me; it’s about how they make me feel.
- I am enough.
- I deserve to feel loved and happy.
- It’s okay for me to want more than this relationship has given me so far.
- I am strong and powerful.
- Everyone deserves respect, including me.
- It’s never too late to walk away from something unhealthy.
- I can only control myself and how I react to things – the other person is responsible for themselves.
- Toxic people are toxic for their own reasons.
- I am a good person and deserve to be treated well.
- I can choose my own happiness without waiting for someone else to make me happy.
- No one should ever tell me how I feel about myself; only I get to decide who I am and what kind of life I want.
- I am not responsible for anyone else’s feelings, thoughts, or behaviors.
- I love myself.
Repeat these affirmations to yourself often, and believe them with all of your heart.
They will help you to see that you are worthy of so much more than what you’re currently getting from your toxic relationship.
With practice, these affirmations can bring clarity and empowerment into an otherwise confusing situation, allowing us to truly break free from toxic relationships once and for all.
Read next: 110 Positive Affirmations For Self-Love
Ultimately, Ι want to encourage you to keep trying and not give up hope.
Walking away from someone toxic in your life takes a lot of courage and strength, but it’s vital that you don’t give anyone the power over your happiness or self-worth.
It is vital to realize our worth and the contribution we make to the relationship and the world in general.
Never let yourself feel ignored, deprived, and down because of the behavior of others.
To get the desired outcome of your efforts and feel motivated, practice your daily affirmations for toxic relationships to get through every thick and thin of life successfully.