When someone insults you, it can be difficult to come up with a sharp comeback on the spot.
However, there’s nothing wrong with spending a little time thinking of a savage comeback ahead of time.
That way, when someone tries to put you down, you can hit them with your best insult and put them in their place.
Of course, it’s important to be strategic about when you use your comebacks.
If you use them too often, they can lose their impact, so save them for when someone really gets under your skin.
And if you’re not sure whether your comeback is savage enough, it’s better for you not to use it.
After all, there’s nothing worse than trying to deliver a savage insult only to have it fall flat.
So next time someone tries to bring you down, make sure you hit them with a savage comeback that will leave them reeling.
Here are some of the best savage replies to insults:
Table of Contents
How to Respond to Rude Insults
If someone calls you a name, try to come up with a clever response that turns the tables on them.
For example, if they call you stupid, you could say, “I may be stupid, but at least I’m not ugly.”
If they say you’re fat, you could reply, “I’d rather be fat than ugly.”
The key is to think quickly and put a clever spin on the insult so that it works in your favor.
Another option is to simply laugh off the insult. This can be disarming to your attacker, and it shows that their words cannot hurt you.
You could even make a joke out of it by saying something like “Touché! You got me there.”
Whatever you do, don’t let an insult get the best of you. With a little quick thinking, you can turn it into a savage comeback.
Savage Comebacks when Someone Insults You
Being insulted is never fun. Whether it’s being called names, having your intelligence questioned, or being made fun of, insults can hurt.
But what do you do when someone throws an insult your way?
One option is to give a savage comeback. Savage comebacks are witty, cutting responses that can leave your tormentor speechless.
The next time someone tries to put you down, try one of these savage comebacks:
- I may not be perfect, but at least I’m not you.
- Thanks for the compliment. I’ll be sure to return it when I find something nice to say about you.
- Ouch. That was almost as painful as looking at your face. I’d give you a nasty look but you already have one.
- You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?
- Thanks for your input. Anyway… (and continue what you were saying.)
- And that’s why no one likes you.
- So if I typed “jerk” into Google, would your picture come up?
- Oh, I’m sorry, I must have mistaken you for someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.
- That’s an interesting point of view. I’ll have to remember that the next time I’m looking for a stupid opinion.
- You’d leave if I threw a stick, right? Ok. (and then continuing usually does the trick).
- I sometimes wonder how someone can embarrass himself over and over again.
- There are over 7 billion people on the planet, and God chose you to be the biggest fool.
- I’m sorry, I must have missed the part where your opinion mattered.
- If you’re going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.
- Your a** must be pretty jealous of all the sh*t that comes out of your mouth.
- You sound better with your mouth closed.
- Awww, are you having a bad day?
- I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.
- Shhhh, the adults are talking, so please keep quiet.
- Y’all hear something? No? Anyways…
- There is the attention you were looking for. (Stare them for a few seconds and continue with your story).
- Oh! I am sorry. Were you trying to insult me?
- HA-HA-HA And I thought my jokes were bad.
- I’m not going to waste my breath on you.
- Says the person who can’t even spell their own name.
Savage comebacks are a great way to shut down someone who is trying to bring you down.
Remember these clever comebacks when someone insults you next time. Surprise them with these savage replies!
So the next time someone insults you, don’t let them get the best of you – hit them with a savage comeback and watch them squirm.
Smart Things to Say When Someone Insults You
It’s never easy to deal with someone who is insulting you. If you can, it may be best to just try and walk away from the situation.
But if that isn’t possible, then it can help to have a few intelligent and calm responses pre-prepared.
Saying one of these 10 smart things when someone insults you can help to defuse the situation:
- You must be feeling really insecure today.
- I’m sorry you feel that way. There are two sides to each story, but you’re a jerk in both of them.
- I’m sorry, were you talking to me?
- I thought I heard someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.
- I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were an expert on the subject.
- I’ve been called worse by better.
- I see you’re still stuck in middle school.
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither.
- That’s pretty funny! Did you just think of it, or have you been saving it?
- Unless your name is Google, don’t act like you know everything.
It’s never easy to handle an insult well. Our natural instinct is often to fight back with a response that only furthers the argument.
However, if you want to get out of a heated conversation with dignity intact, saying the right thing can make all the difference.
Clever Comebacks when Someone Insults You – Final Thoughts
Insults are never fun, but they can be especially hurtful when they come from someone we know and care about.
However, with a little bit of practice, you can use these savage comebacks to shut down anyone who tries to put you down.
So, when someone tries to insult you, don’t be afraid to give them a savage comeback.
You may not feel confident in your comebacks at first, but with practice, you’ll be able to shut down anyone who dares insult you.
And that’s something to be proud of.
So the next time someone insults you, don’t let them get the best of you – use one of these comebacks and stand up for yourself!