“Slow” is a relative term. When it comes to speed, everyone is different. Some people are fast runners, while others are quick thinkers.
And there’s nothing wrong with being on the slower side. In fact, some of the most successful people in history were considered slow by their peers.
Take Benjamin Franklin, for instance. He was famously slow to speak, but he used his time to think carefully about what he wanted to say.
As a result, he became one of the most eloquent writers of his generation.
Similarly, Abraham Lincoln was known for his leisurely speech, but his thoughtful words helped him win the election to the presidency.
The next time someone calls you slow, don’t get upset. Instead, use it as an opportunity to show them that being deliberate can be a good thing.
Here are 15 good comebacks to use when someone calls you slow:
Comebacks when someone calls you slow
Maybe you’re not the quickest thinker. Maybe you like to take your time and really consider your options before you make a decision.
Maybe you process information more slowly than others. Whatever the reason, there’s nothing wrong with being slow.
In fact, some of the most successful people in the world are known for their thoughtful, measured approach to problem-solving.
Being called slow can feel like a personal attack. It can be hard to know how to respond in the moment.
But preparing a few comebacks can help you turn the tables and come out on top.
Here are some great comebacks for when someone calls you slow:
- Thanks for noticing! I must be doing something right if you picked up on it.
- If by slow you mean steady and methodical, then yes, I am slow.
- I may be slow, but at least I’m not always rushing around and making careless mistakes.
- Maybe you’re just faster at being average.
- Slow and steady wins the race!
- I’m not slow, I’m just taking my time.
- It’s not about how fast you go, it’s about how well you do.
- I may be slow, but I’m always ahead of you.
- It’s not about how fast you go, it’s about how you finish.
- I prefer the term “sensual” 😉
- I’m not slow, I’m just enjoying the journey.
- Because your mother prefers it nice and slow.
- If I ran like your mouth, I’d be really fast.
- Not as slow as your metabolism, fatass.
- What’s that? You want me to go slower?
So next time someone calls you slow, don’t get angry; just give them one of these comebacks and put them in their place!
You might like: 17+ Good Comebacks for Being Called Stupid
When someone calls you slow, they are probably referring to your mental capacity or speed. In either case, there is no need to get defensive. Instead, you can use the opportunity to improve the situation.
Each of these responses puts the focus on your progress and resilience rather than your perceived shortcomings.
By reframing the situation in this way, you can turn a negative comment into a positive affirmation or a witty comeback.
So next time someone calls you slow, don’t get angry or upset; simply choose one of these comebacks and let them know that you’re not going to let their words bring you down.