Any woman who’s spent more than five minutes in the dating world has heard her fair share of pickup lines.
And while some of them can be funny, most are just plain old creepy. This post is for you if a guy is trying to hit on you with a cheesy line.
When you’re on the receiving end of a terrible pickup line, it can be tough to think of a witty comeback.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of 17+ savage comebacks for pickup lines that you can use the next time you’re faced with a dreadful pickup line.
Nobody likes a cheesy pickup line.
They’re cringe-worthy, corny, and, more often than not, they don’t work.
With a little practice, you’ll be able to shut down even the most persistent of suitors.
Comebacks for Pickup Lines
The next time you’re walking down the street and a stranger comes up to you with a cheesy pickup line, don’t be caught off guard- have a comeback ready!
While it’s always best to just politely smile and walk away, sometimes you just can’t resist firing back.
If you’re looking for a way to shut down a guy who’s trying to hit on you with a cheesy line, here are a few comebacks that are sure to do the trick.
- That’s the best pick-up line I’ve ever heard. Seriously, never use it again.
- I’m sorry, I don’t date men with such poor taste in pick-up lines.
- I bet you say that to all the girls.
- Are you always this awkward or is this just how you hit on people?
- My mom always told me to never talk to strangers.
- Pardon me, but I think you have me confused with someone who’s interested.
- Everyone has the right to act stupid once in a while. Please, however, do not abuse this privilege.
- You’d leave if I threw a stick, right?
- I’d give you a nasty look, but you already have one.
- You have the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen.
Thanks, but it would be even nicer if you would stop staring at it.
- Hey, baby, what’s your sign?
Do not enter.
- Your place or mine?
Both, you go to your place and I’ll go to mine.
- Is this seat empty?
Yes, and this one will be too if you sit down.
- I know how to please a woman.
Then please leave me alone.
- Can I buy you a drink?
No, but I’ll take the money instead.
- Could I have your name?
Why? Don’t you already have one?
- Haven’t I seen you someplace before?
Yes, and that’s why I don’t go there anymore.
Whatever the pickup line, there’s a perfect comeback out there for it. So next time, be prepared with a witty retort and put those would-be Casanovas in their place.
You might enjoy: 23+ Great Comebacks for Sarcasm
A pickup line is a statement used by someone trying to initiate a romantic or sexual relationship with another person.
Most of the time, these lines are cheesy and unoriginal. However, sometimes they can be funny or clever. If you’re ever faced with one of these lines, don’t feel like you have to respond negatively.
There are plenty of comebacks that will shut down the other person without making you seem mean or snobby.
Whether you want to use one of these comebacks yourself or just have them in your back pocket for when someone tries to hit on you, I hope you find them helpful!