Looking for some clean comebacks for when somebody tells you to “get a life”?
Or are you looking for comebacks when someone says you have no life? You’ve come to the right place.
When somebody tells you to “get a life,” it can be infuriating.
But don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered with 24 comebacks that will shut them down!
Whether you’re looking for a sharp response or just want to make them feel bad, these comebacks will do the trick.
So the next time someone tells you to “get a life,” just remember these clever comebacks and you’ll be able to put them in their place!
Table of Contents
What Does it Mean When Someone Tells you to Get a Life?
When someone tells you to “get a life,” they are usually expressing the opinion that you are spending too much time on something that is not important.
This can be something as trivial as spending hours on social media or as significant as being consumed by your work.
In either case, the message is clear: you need to focus on what is truly important in your life.
Another interpretation is that when someone tells you to “get a life,” they are usually making a rude comment about your perceived lack of a social life or hobbies outside of work.
In other words, they think you are boring and have nothing better to do with your time.
This phrase is often used as an insult to someone who is obsessively devoted to their work or a particular hobby.
For example, if you are always talking about your job, the person might say, “You need to get a life and stop talking about work all the time.“
In this case, they are telling you that you should try to have a more well-rounded life with interests outside of your job.
In general, if you tell someone to get a life, you are expressing your dissatisfaction with them because their life appears to be boring or they appear to be overly concerned with insignificant things.
You might like: 25+ Baddie Comebacks That’ll Slay Any Situation
Witty Clean Comebacks for Get a Life:
When someone tells you to get a life, it can be hard not to feel offended.
After all, what does that person know about your life? But instead of getting mad, why not turn the insult around and give them a few comebacks of your own?
Here are some great responses for when someone tells you to get a life:
- Maybe I’ll take yours.
- Say stuff like that and someone could take yours.
- Get a new insult.
- Why, is it on sale?
- Mind if I take yours?
- Ok, show me the way!
- You mean like yours? No thanks, I will pass.
- Thanks for the advice, now go get a life yourself.
- I have one, and it’s better than yours.
- Could you please tell me where you got yours? So I know where not to shop for it.
- I had one before I started this conversation with you.
- Get a brain.
- I bet it took you all night to think that one up.
- Wait, I’m busy right now… can we find a better time for me to ignore you?
- Give me one!
- That makes two of us!
- Shit happens. I mean, look at your face!
- If I threw a stick, would you leave?
- Can I borrow yours, since you’re not using it?
- I’d take yours, but I have standards.
- I’ve got one, and I’m glad you’re not a part of it.
- Don’t be jealous because you don’t have as much fun as me.
- F*ck you too.
- What was that? I missed it. (then ask them to repeat it again, and again…)
How Do You Respond to Mean Comments Like These?
The best part about a good witty comeback is that you don’t have to be mean or aggressive to answer a mean comment.
There is, indeed, a passive-aggressive undertone. On the surface, however, you’re simply providing a clever response that makes them appear, and possibly feel, stupid.
And, let’s face it, most people who say “get a life” aren’t the brightest people.
That’s why they like to make other people feel bad in order to cover up their own insecurities and mask their own emotions.
In the past, how have you dealt with “get a life”? Do you have any amusing, witty, or insightful comebacks to share with the rest of the community?
If so, please share them in the comments below.