This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you! Read the Disclaimer for more info.
Are you in a bad mood? It’s okay, we all have bad ways when we feel unmotivated and in a bad place mentally. When I’m having a bad day my favorite thing to do that boosts my mood is to practice self-care.
I think that self-care is so important and there are so many different ways we can practice self-care and self-love that we sometimes don’t even recognize or think about.
So, here are 60 self-care ideas for when you are in a bad mood.
P.S Sharing Is Caring
60 Self-Care Ideas
- Make a healthy meal from scratch.
- Journal and write down five things you’re grateful for.
- Stretch or do yoga.
- Learn about something new.
- Enjoy a warm drink and be present.
- Deep clean your house.
- Read a book or two.
- Go for a long walk.
- Have a movie night.
- Have an at-home spa session.
- Use social media less. – social media can cause you anxiety, check this post out.
- Declutter your home.
- Take a slow, hot shower or bath.
- Reflect on your values.
- Express 3 things you are grateful for.
- Disconnect from screens.
- Question your limiting beliefs. – negative thoughts can cause you serious stress.
- Schedule time for yourself.
- Take time and create ( or evaluate) your morning and evening routine.
- Dance to your favorite music.
- Listen to your favorite playlist.
- Take a nap.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Go to bed early.
- Write out a list of things you love about yourself.
- Set goals for the week, month, year. – if you want to accomplish them, check out this post.
- Sleep in a little extra.
- Cook a new meal.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Watch the sunset.
- Cuddle with your pet.
- Try something you are afraid of.
- Start a new hobby.
- Stop trying to people please.
- Write out what’s on your mind.
- Call someone you love.
- Listen to a motivational podcast.
- Light up your favorite candle.
- Sing at the top of your lungs to your favorite song.
- Read before bed, with a cup of hot tea.
- Bubble bath. – bubbles, candles, and relaxing music.
- Paint your nails.
- Eat your favorite meal/ dessert.
- Drink plenty of water. – 8 cups as a minimum.
- Try a DIY project.
- Make crafts.
- Organize your closet.
- Sit and relax watching YouTube videos.
- Or watch your favorite series on Netflix.
- Bake a cake.
- Get some sunlight.
- Play board games with family and loved ones.
- Take care of your skin.
- Pinpoint sources of stress.
- Play video games. – or mobile, if that’s your thing.
- Go for a car ride, alone. – loud music, and open up your windows. I treat it like my own therapy session, it’s just special.
- Reflect on your accomplishments.
- Practice acupressure. – for anxiety relief, check out this post.
Read: How To Glow Up In 2021
P.S Sharing Is Caring!