Skip to Content

7 Things Successful People Do Every Day

7 Things Successful People Do Every Day

Sharing is caring!

This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you! Read the Disclaimer for more info.

Want to know what things successful people do every single day? Looking for ways to become more successful yourself?

Success is not some big event that happens in your life. Success is about the little, tiny, boring habits that you do every single day, and eventually down the road, you’ll get to the point where you are “successful”.

What I mean by success is not only money. Success can mean happiness, peace, a great family, being debt-free, having financial independence… whatever success means to you.

Before we dive into this, I want you to take a moment and really think about what success is for you. For some, it’s the fast cars, women, houses, etc. For you, it might be to finally be able to quit your job and spend more time with your kids and spouse. So, here are 7 things successful people do every single day.

Related: 7 Everyday Habits That Are Ruining Your Life

P.S. Sharing Is Caring

7 Things Successful People Do

1. They wake up early.

wake up early- 7 Things Successful People Do

The first one that I consistently find all across the board through different podcasts that I listen to, through books, articles, etc is that they wake up early in the morning. One of the many reasons why successful people in the world are waking up early is that it gives you time. Time to work on yourself and towards your goals.

When I was still in school, I would get up 15 minutes before the bell rang, shower, drink coffee, and eat something on the way. That’s what I like to call “living reactively”. But, when you live proactively, you wake up 30-60 minutes earlier or whatever works for you, and you focus on growing yourself.

Here’s the thing, we all have 24 hours in a day, whether you’re a millionaire or an average person. So, using time as an excuse, it’s not gonna cut it. Maybe you’re working a full-time job and you don’t have any time for yourself. How can you make changes in your day-to-day life and your schedule?

Well, maybe every night instead of watching TV for an hour to wind down, cut that time off and wake up one hour earlier in the morning. By the end of the year, you’d have 365 extra hours of working on yourself.

How much different your life would be?

This is something to think about and plan out.

Instead of saying: “I don’t have enough time”, just start saying: I don’t care enough”, and see how your mindset changes.

-Gary Vaynerchuk

Read: 5 Morning Habits That Are Simple And Effective

Read: 6 Things To STOP Doing When You Wake Up In The Morning

2. They Read (almost) every single day.

This is an interesting statistic. The average person reads about 12 books per year. The average CEO reads 60 books per year. So, in line with the time management we went over above, the average CEO, who already has a business or two running, probably a family, and probably a lot of stuff going on, still finds time to read more than a book per week.

Also, it’s been proven that people who read, tend to have less stress, they spend less time on social media and more time on their own development. When I’m saying they’re reading books I don’t mean fiction books.

They read non-fiction books, business, sales, self-help, psychology, whatever book they need to grow themselves and their business. And that’s how if you fast-forward 5-10 years ahead, they’re light years past everyone else.

Read: 10 Must-Read Self-Improvement Books That Will Change Your Life This Year

3. They Exercise Consistently.

When you look through all the people that are successful, almost all of them have a workout routine. They usually wake up earlier and they get some form of exercise. One of the things I think that people really don’t think about enough is the mind-body connection.

If you are trying to be successful or do something big with your life, whatever success means to you will require you to use your brain at a very high level. There is a mind-body connection, when you eat crappy food or skip workouts, you have less energy.

The most energy-consuming organ in our bodies is the brain. It consumes 48% when we do a high demanding task, and about 20% when we are in a resting phase. So if you think about it, the more you work out, the better shape your body is, the better it’s running, the better your brain is running, which means the better output you’ll have in every activity that you do.

How often are you working out? And… how often you need to start working out, in order to get the life that you want?

Read: A Different Way To Achieve Your Goals This Year

4. They write their goals down.

Harvard Business Study found that the 3% of graduates from their MBA who had their goals written down, ended up earning ten times as much as the other 97% combined, just ten years after graduation.

Isn’t that mindblowing? Let me say it again. 3% of people who wrote their goals down, were 10x more successful than the other 97% of people who didn’t write their goals down. Why is this? Well, they are a couple of reasons why it could be, but if you want to be successful, shouldn’t you just take notes of these successful people and start writing your goals down? Start putting a deadline to your goals and be very specific on exactly what your goals are.

When you take something from your brain and write it down on paper, your brain thinks, “Oh this is real”.

So, write down your goals, get crystal clear about them, and take action.

5. they find mentors.

The average millionaire has had 7 different mentors before they became a millionaire. While I haven’t had any experience with mentoring so far, I can understand why successful people had and still have mentors along their side.

Here are some common benefits of having a mentor:

  • Gain practical advice, encouragement, and support.
  • Learn from the experiences of others.
  • Increase your social and academic confidence.
  • Become more empowered to make decisions.
  • Develop your communication, study, and personal skills.
  • Develop strategies for dealing with both personal and academic issues.

The main reason to hire a mentor is that it cuts down the time of learning. If you are being mentored by someone who has 20 years of experience, you can learn all of the things he has learned in about 1-2 years. So you are saving 18 years of failing, pain, experiments, etc.

6. They Have Positive Self-talk.

I see a lot of people say: If I was more confident I’d be successful, but they have to realize that successful people aren’t born with confidence, confidence comes with results. They start to learn how to talk to themselves, how to believe in themselves, even if they don’t get the results they want.

You have to realize that, you would never talk to somebody that you love, the way you talk to yourself. If your child came up and said: Oh this and that happened, you would never talk to them the way you talk to yourself. Why? Because it’s detrimental to them. So why you do it to yourself?

Another example is, you have a garden, and you plant tomato seeds on the ground, there is no way that strawberries are gonna grow. It is impossible. This is just the same with your brain. If you tell yourself over and over again all of the bad things you say, how is it possible to live a positive life?

You have to be your #1 Fan.

Read: How To Stop Negative Self-Talk

7. they don’t worry about failure.

“Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.”

― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad

The last thing successful people do is that they don’t worry about failure. They know going into something, whether it be a business idea or an investment opportunity, they’re gonna screw up a lot of the time. When you’re starting a new business, you aren’t going into saying that you gonna make 0 mistakes. You know you’re gonna mess it up.

The only failure that I see is when you give up. When you fall over and over and over again it’s a learning process, it’s not a failure until you give up. So, let me ask you something. How many times have you not started something you truly wanted to do, because you were afraid of failing?

Sharing is caring!